20050222

i'm probably a horrible person for thinking this...

but i don't think that makes it any less true. today in my class on vietnam, we watched a video that included pictures of several buddhist monks lighting themselves on fire in protest of the diem regime. my first thought was "wow, that seems a bit drastic." my second thought, the one that might make me a horrible person, was "hmmm... that's kind of like they're practicing for hell." i'm as tolerant as the next guy (wait, no i'm not), but i think Jesus was serious when he said that nobody comes to the father except through Him. unless he changed his name to siddhartha gautama and moved to india, i'm fairly certain that buddhists aren't following Jesus.

ok forrest, you can start the bad christian comments now.

"Why do you hate me? Just because I say the f*ck word...." --that crazy coworker