20041217

things will get better

that's my new theme song of the moment. i decided to take a break from working on a paper that's due tomorrow (still not finished...) to study for a final that takes place 7 hours from now. while typing away, i was listening to music; at this moment, it's the band "Spoken", and the song "Promise", the lyrics of which are below. i figured it was pretty perfect for me at this point in life/school/whatever.

PROMISE

Yet another day seems like it’s wasted

You don’t feel you’re any closer to the prize
A dead end job where there’s no future
Praying that tomorrow things won’t be this way

chorus:
Things will get better this I promise you
And I know that you won’t feel this way forever
Things will get better this I promise you
And I know loneliness won’t last forever

Yet another day, another tired morning
You’re catching up to your intentions
You’re thinking life has to be easier than this
Maybe tomorrow things won’t be this way



Loneliness won’t last forever
I promise with all that’s in me to leave this emptiness behind

it's from their cd "a moment of imperfect clarity", which i thorougly enjoy... i would recommend picking it up. and writing your papers on time.