20041109

it's worth a shot

yesterday morning in class, i made a very interesting agreement with one of my professors. he's a pacifist, and a fairly liberal democrat (most of you at whitworth should know him) who teaches political science. however, he said there was something that i could do to make vote republican: get bill gates to give a $1,000,000,000 (yes, that's one billion dollars) endowment to whitworth. as unlikely to happen as that is, i think it's worth trying, just to see this professor vote republican. i've got a meeting with him tomorrow, maybe we'll be able to hammer out a few more details on this friendly bet. bill, if you're reading this, head over here and put a billion into the whitworth fund; and make sure to stick my name (daniel bareither) into the comments section, so i can prove that my end of the bet was fulfilled.

as you may have noticed, i've switched my comments system over to haloscan. at least i think i have. i had forrest help me with it, but i'm still not sure it's 100%. maybe that's just my compy being stupid again. and unfortunately, all of the old comments on my blog were lost. so show you care, and start leaving some new ones.

"Reading whole books is not a bad idea." --Dr. John Yoder

--update--
the new comment system appears to be working. unless i encounter a problem, i officially give it a thumb's up.