20040804

i think... no, i guess i didn't have an idea

i had planned on writing something tonight. something fairly important. but getting up at 5:30 in the morning has a detrimental effect on my memory. so unless i remember what it is between now and when i finally crash, i'm just going to leave you--or maybe just myself--with a few funny quotes. WARNING: some of these are political in nature. if you are a john kerry supporter, you're probably in the wrong place.

John Kerry threw out the first ball before [a] Yankees-Red Sox game in Boston. In fact, Kerry asked "Where do you want me on the field? I can take any position." --Jay Leno

"It's extremely serious. He's over 300 pounds. He's like a giant beach ball." --Ralph Nader on Michael Moore

"Greece asked NATO...for a presence in Athens in case the Olympics are attacked by al-Qa'ida. Everyone's skills can be utilized. The U.S. will provide the armor, Britain the air cover, Germany the street patrol, and France the evacuation." --Argus Hamilton

"So far opinion is split on the president's plan [for Iraq]. Republicans say the outlook is Sunni, or as Democrats say, we're in deep Shiite." --Jay Leno

"Of course, I would support Bush over Kerry even if we weren't at war, because Bush is the more conservative candidate and I'm not on crack." --Jonah Goldberg

"It really gets me when the critics say I haven't done enough for the economy. I mean, look what I've done for the book publishing industry. You've heard some of the titles. 'Big Lies,' 'The Lies of George W. Bush,' 'The Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them.' I'd like to tell you I've read each of these books, but that'd be a lie." --President Bush

"Oh and today John Kerry accused President Bush of catering to the rich. You know as opposed to John Kerry who just marries them". --Jay Leno

"Liberal (n.) a man with his mind open at both ends." --Colin Bowles

ok, so that was more than a few. oh well. suck it up and deal with it. hopefully you enjoyed a few of them.